The Engine Control Unit, or ECU, in your vehicle is what monitors the different components of your engine and alerts you when something is malfunctioning or faulty. If your ECU, Power Control Module (PCM) or Fuel Injector Control Module (FICM) is faulty, it may alert you that something is wrong with your engine when it isn’t, and can cause a whole host of problems for your engine.
The IPC-certified technicians at My Auto Solutions take your faulty ECUs, PCMs and FICMs, and repair them within 24 hours so you can get back on the road safely.
To learn more about this process, read the frequently asked ECU repair questions below.
What are some common ECU issues?
If you notice any of these signs, your ECU may be faulty:
- Check engine light is on
- Engine stalls or misfires
- Erratic transmission shifts
- Hard shifts between 1st and 2nd gear
- Car starts in 3rd gear or other wrong gear
- Rough, high or erratic idle
- Vehicle won’t start
- Vehicle is slow to start
- Large drop in fuel economy
- Transmission slips a gear
What are the common causes of ECU issues?
ECU issues can be caused by:
- Improper jump start that caused sparked voltage to ECU or using faulty jumper cables
- Improper ECU ground
- Blown fuse
- Overheated ECU
- Faulty starter
- Faulty injector
- Faulty ECM wiring harness
- Dead battery or faulty battery cells
What are the most common ECU fault codes?
Depending on the make and model of your vehicle, you may have different ECU fault codes. Below are some of the most common fault codes that MASrepair.com services:
- Ford Diesel Super Duty, Van, Excursion, F250 / F350 / F450; Model Years 2003 through 2009. Common codes include: P0261, P0264, P0267, P0270, P0273, P0276, P0279, P0282.
- Ford Escape (04-06), Ford Edge (07-09), Ford Fusion (06-08), Ford Taurus (05-09), Lincoln MKX (07-09), Lincoln Zephyr (06-08), Mazda Tribute (04-06), Mercury Milan (06-08), Mercury Mariner (04-06), Mercury Sable (05-09). Common codes include: P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356.
- Nissan Pathfinder (00-02), Infiniti QX4 (00-02), Nissan Sentra 1.8L (00-02), Nissan Maxima (00-03), Infiniti 130 (00-03) Common codes include: P1110, P1448, P0720.
- Mazda Tribute (04-06), Mazda CX-9 (07-09). Common codes include: P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356.
- Toyota RAV4 (00-03). Common codes include: P0750, P0753, P0755, P0758, P1760.
My ECU is faulty. What should I do next?
If your ECU has one of the above listed malfunctions, simply remove it and send it to My Auto Solutions. Our IPC-certified technicians know the hard and soft codes required to repair your ECU and restore it to better than new condition.
We believe in speedy, reliable service. As soon as we receive your faulty part, our technicians repair it, test it and have it back in the mail within 24 hours.