Air bags are an important safety feature in cars; they protect the driver and front seat passenger from traumatic injury during collisions. When airbags deploy in an accident situation, they rapidly inflate to cushion people in the front seats from colliding with the steering wheel, dashboard, or windows. Keeping functional airbags in your vehicle is crucial for driver safety. If you’ve been in an accident where your airbags deployed, you may need to get your airbag module reset by My Auto Solutions in Duluth.
Airbag Module Repair in Duluth, Georgia
If your airbag light is on, our experienced Duluth technicians can help you solve your airbag light issue. After a collision in which airbags inflate, the airbags need to be replaced and the airbag module needs to be replaced or reset. It can be costly to replace the airbag module. Often car dealerships need to special order the airbag module, which incurs more fees.
At My Auto Solutions in Duluth, Georgia, we simplify things for you and your wallet. Our certified technicians reset all airbag module codes for customers in Atlanta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, and surrounding communities at our convenient Duluth location. We also help customers across the United States with our mail-in program that ships tested, remanufactured parts back to senders within 24 hours.
The highly trained staff of My Auto Solutions resets both hard and soft codes, leaving the airbag module new again. Hard codes or crash data, which is cleared in our airbag module reset process, cannot be cleared by dealer or scan tools. My Auto Solutions restores the airbag module to factory settings and does not require any additional programming before the unit is reinstalled in the car.
Vehicles Supported by My Auto Solutions Module Reset Services
My Auto Solutions supports airbag module reset for all vehicles starting year 1995 and up. At My Auto Solutions in Duluth, Georgia, we simplify things for you and your wallet.
Airbag Module Removal
To remove your airbag module, follow these steps:
1. First, find the SRS computer module, which is typically located beneath the center console between the two front seats. In some cars, it can be found in the center of the dash on the floor. In GM cars, the SRS computer module is located beneath the driver or passenger seat.
2. After you’ve found the SRS computer module, disconnect the positive battery cable.
3. Wait three minutes, and then unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.
Airbag Module Installation
The following instructions explain how to install a repaired airbag module:
1. First, ensure that all airbag SRS components, including seat belts, clock springs, impact sensors, and airbags, are installed and connected properly.
2. Next, disconnect the battery, and carefully insert the module and connect the harness wiring plugs.
3. After the airbag module has been bolted down, re-connect the battery.
Contact My Auto Solutions
Call My Auto Solutions in Duluth, Georgia today at 678-228-8422, or visit our online store for more information about the airbag module reset services available. We urge local Atlanta, Marietta, and Sandy Springs area customers to bring in their airbag module unit as soon as issues arise.
More Information about Airbag Module Reset
- Why Is My Airbag Light On?
- FAQs about Airbag Module Reset
- What to Do When the SRS Light Stays On
- Airbag Module Reset Services in Duluth, GA
- Common Airbag Suspension Problems in Newer Vehicles