It’s no secret that Atlanta is a city that relies on wheels. With an average daily commute close to an hour long, and your car often full of precious cargo, the safety of your vehicle matters.
Does your vehicle meet or exceed the latest safety standards? Check out this list from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety to find out.
IIHS Top Safety Picks of 2015
Using a set of standards and criteria, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) ranks cars based on their safety and durability in accidents. The IIHS awarded 71 car models with Top Safety Picks this year.
Here are a few of their safety picks:
- 2015 Chevrolet Spark
- 2015 Honda Fit
- 2015 Ford Focus
- 2015 Lexus CT 200h
- 2015 Kia Soul
- 2015 Subaru Impreza
- 2015 Honda Civic
- 2015 Mazda 6
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- 2015 Audi A3
- 2015 Volvo S60
Small to Midsize SUVs
- 2015 Honda CR-V
- 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2015 Acura MDX
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Honda Odyssey
How to Check Your Car’s Safety
With distracted driving accidents on the rise, you might want to check the safety of your vehicle. There are various resources that can help you make sure that your car is keeping you safe.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. This helpful resource allows you to search the safety of your particular make and model. It also offers top vehicle safety picks for each year, highway safety laws and regulations, fatality facts, child safety education and consumer safety videos.
- NHTSA Car Safety Website. This National Highway Traffic Safety Administration microsite is packed full of safety resources. Along with a safety make, model and year vehicle search, it offers a way to file safety complaints, search for vehicle recalls and investigations, in addition to lots of other helpful safety information.
- Consumer Reports. This tried and true review website offers ratings on almost everything car or vehicle related, including the car itself, GPS, car seats, tires and more.
- Your Car Dealership/Maker. Vehicle manufacturers are required to notify owners of any recalls or investigations, and generally offer a free or reduced repair.
Quality Electronic Auto Part Repairs from My Auto Solutions
Does your car’s safety leave something to be desired? Not to worry! MAS Repairs takes your auto parts and makes them like new again for a fraction of the dealership price.
Just bring your faulty module to our shop in Buford or mail it in and we’ll get it back to you in prime condition within 24 hours. All of our technicians are IPC certified, providing the highest level of technical repair quality available.
To get started on a vehicle part repair, contact us at 678-778-8890 or online.